Sophia Center for Goddess is a Non-Profit Organization dedicated to providing a safe environment for women and men to explore Goddess wisdom.
Welcome to the Sophia Center for Goddess Study (Sophia Center) website. Sophia Center was born out of the desire to educate our community about The Goddess in Her ancient and contemporary depictions. It is our belief that learning about ancient and contemporary Goddess traditions will encourage balance and cooperation that will promote a deeper, more authentic and inspired lifestyle for women and men.
For too long The Goddess, as the feminine energy of the Universe, has been subjugated by the patriarchal system. We believe that our society, with its imbalance between the levels of value and esteem bestowed to men and women, needs to learn how to use feminine and masculine energies for the good of all. Because of this imbalance, women are not treated with honor and reverence and hence our planet Earth, which is seen as a personification of the feminine, is not being treated with honor and reverence. Our air and water are being polluted, our natural resources are being exploited for financial gain only, and there are conflicts happening in many parts of the world. Just by using one aspect of feminine energy that we are all aware of – motherhood — we know that the healthy mother loves all of her children (boys and girls) and she would use every means possible to bring about a reconciliation to a conflict that is based in fairness, rather than sending her children out to fight each other. So, too, with planet Earth. As the Mother of all living things on planet Earth, She would not pollute nor spoil its beauty for financial gain.
Sophia Center for Goddess Study (Sophia Center) is an IRS 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit organization. Sophia Center is committed to educating women and men about ancient and contemporary Goddess traditions to encourage balance and cooperation that promotes a deeper, more authentic and inspired lifestyle.
Sophia Center welcomes all human expressions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, or sexual preference.
At Sophia Center we create a safe environment for the community to explore and expand their knowledge of ancient and contemporary Goddesses. Activities include diverse and innovative weekly gatherings, seasonal celebrations, community activities, personal and group rituals, inspirational performances, classes, workshops and lectures. We are dedicated to:
- Providing the intuitive oneness of Goddess wisdom, insight and tools for women and men to live a deeper, more authentic and inspired life;
- Offering a balanced way of thinking, being and doing to the social challenges of the world;
- Promoting an enhanced feminine aspect of life and the sacred that is essential to the well-being of humanity and our planet;
- Blending ancient tradition and contemporary knowledge thereby empowering women and men to transform the world; and,
- Providing volunteers and donating funds to partnership organizations that are dedicated to providing services that empowers women and girls to become conscious and appreciative of their innate power and beauty.
6034 Smoke Ranch Road
Las Vegas, NV 89108
702-489-7999 (Phone & Fax)
Office Hours: Tues., Wed., & Thu.
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.